I set a goal of getting down to 252 lbs, 35% body fat and a loose fitting size 38 pants. Interestingly, I slimmed down to a tight 35 size pants but I didn’t quite hit the other 2 goals. I made it down to 253.2 lbs but I made some bad choices last Tuesday and I just couldn’t make up for it by Friday of that week. My body fat went down to %35.9, although I question the validity of my scale as the body fat readings jump around a lot. As I make a new set of short term goals it’s time to reflect to see if I should make any changes.
In June I made the following changes:
- Breakfast is fatty coffee with a strong brew and 1.5 Tbs of heavy cream. On days I feel a bit hungry I have 2 to make it 3 Tbs of heavy cream. A lot of folks think I’m crazy here, but I’ve found I eat much less between 7-4 when I keep breakfast simple.
- I replaced most carbs throughout the day with nuts, cheese, jerky, and dark chocolate. I don’t have chocolate and cheese everyday, but I think I need to slow down on the nuts and up the jerky or other protein snack.
- Lunch is something leafy, Spinach/Swiss Chard/Kale/Leafy Romaine Lettuce with 1 Tbs olive oil, cottage cheese, raw green beans/zucchini/cucumber and nuts/seeds. My goal moving forward is to limit nuts to 1 Tbs with lunch and 1 Tbs as a snack later in the day. I will replace some of the nuts on the salad with pumpkin/sunflower or other seeds.
- After school I’ve let myself snack and this a place I’m going to try and trim down next. No more chips, cookies, or other sugar. On days I go overboard I’m eating up to 600 calories at this point. I’m going to replace this with something like carrots/sweet potatoes/cheeses in an attempt to find some nutrition while fulfilling some hungry cravings.
- I will continue to feast at dinner. It has helped me sleep and it gives me a goal to think about after school when I’m fighting the carb cravings. We will attempt to eat 15-20 minutes earlier which I think will help me put off the afternoon snack.
- I’ve put off alcohol during the week, even just a small drink and my goal is to continue to do so. I might even take it 1 step further and just allow myself alcohol 1 night of the weekend instead of 2.
My goal was to bring my calories down below 2900 calories a day. During the week I’m in the 2600-2800 range. I hope to lower that to 2500-2700 simply by adding some control in the afternoon snacks. I think that will take me to the next level to get past my recent slump.
New goals by October 13th:
- 247 lbs
- 33% body fat
- comfortable fit in size 35 pants